I want to sign a contract.

We’re temporarily pausing the renewal process and assessing our capacity. Because first-time college students are required to live with Residential Life, we need to make sure there is enough space for those required to live on campus before we can offer housing to returning students.

What is the waitlist?

Adding your name to the waitlist lets us know that you want to live with Residential Life — and we want you to live with us! If you add your name to the waitlist, we’ll let you know as soon as we’re able to accept contracts again.

What happens if I don’t get a room with Residential Life?

There is no shortage of student housing in Columbia, so there’s no rush to sign an off-campus contract. Our friends at Off-Campus Student Services can help. Visit for more information, and mark your calendar to attend the Housing Fair Feb. 5. Follow @MizzouOffCampus on Twitter to find out more about their educational sessions.

Can I move off campus mid-year?

If you’re not a first-year student, you may cancel your contract without penalty if you leave campus to study abroad, to attend another school, withdraw or for other academic reasons. If you’re unsure, give us a call at 573-882-7275 or

If you’re not a first-year student and you wish to move off campus for any other reason, you may exercise the percent purchase option and pay 40 percent of the charges for your room, dining plan and social fee for through the end of the year.

Please be aware that university policy requires first-time college students to live in Residential Life residence facilities. If you are a first-time college student, your contract is for a complete academic year. All residents who have signed a legal contract are required to fulfill their responsibilities.

Can I move into another room?

You are welcome to submit a room move request and we will try our best to accommodate you. 

For more information, email or call 573-882-7275.