We can't wait to welcome you to your home away from home
To help make your transition to college life as smooth as possible, follow these steps.
Step 1: Check in
First verify your check-in through myZou (in early August for fall semester move-ins).
Step 2: Plan ahead
You might want to arrange a few things and bring some items that will specifically help with move-in (things your friends/family can take back home with them after you’re all moved in).
- We recommend bringing only what you can pack in one car. Students who pack more than this often send most of it home.
- We provide laundry carts, but it may be helpful to bring your own dollies or carts so you don't have to wait.
- If you need to ship something, be sure the delivery is scheduled to occur after you are moved in.
- Remove mini fridges, microwaves and other large items from their boxes before you come to campus. This will save you time!
Step 3: What to pack
Think of your new dorm room as your home, what would make you feel most comfortable. If you have a roommate, you'll want to coordinate with them before making any big purchases.
We provide many things, including:
- Bed frame
- 36" x 80" mattress and mattress pad
- Digital cable television jack and service
- Ethernet jack and service
- Closets or wardrobes
- Desks and chairs
- Study hutch
- Pedestal with one, two or three drawers
- Mirrored medicine cabinets and/or personal mirrors
- Shower curtains/doors
- Roll shades or blinds
- Chest of drawers (shared)
- Recycling containers
Step 4: Big day is here!
- Know your date!
- Have your move-in map, check-in, unloading and parking planned.
- Step your new room.
- Explore Mizzou and learn more about your new home.