You'll love living at Mizzou, where the entire campus is your home. You're only steps away from everything you need: activities and events, healthy food, public transportation, sports and recreation, study spaces, health care, and employment opportunities.
Follow these steps to make Mizzou your home
1. Complete the housing process
University policy requires first-time college students to live in university housing. The preference form tells us what you need to thrive at Mizzou. Contracts are available now and require a $325 pre-payment.
2. Get your assignment
We will find a room that matches as many of your preferences as possible. Submit your housing preference form and contract by Dec. 14 for priority assignment. In early January, you will see your room assignment in the Housing Portal.
3. Pack up and go
Your room is partly furnished. You just need to bring whatever you need to make it feel like home. Please also coordinate with your roommate about who's bringing what. We've put together a list of suggestions for what to bring and tips for decorating.
4. Move to Mizzou
New incoming spring 2023 students may begin moving in Friday, Jan. 13, 2023. Check in at the desk that supports your hall.
- Brooks desk: Brooks and Bluford halls
- College Avenue desk: Hatch and College Avenue halls
- Excellence desk: Excellence, Discovery, Respect, Responsibility and Gateway halls
- Hawthorn desk: Defoe-Graham, Hawthorn, Galena and Dogwood halls
- Mark Twain desk: Mark Twain and McDavid halls
- Rollins desk: Hudson and Gillett halls
- Schurz desk: Schurz Hall
- South desk: South, Center and North halls
- The Rise desk: Mizzou at the Rise
- Wolpers desk: Johnston and Wolpers halls
Spring 2023 residence hall rates (per person)
- Community-style rooms
- Rooms grouped by floor or floor wing, share community bathroom
- Starting at $3,202
- Suite-style rooms
- Paired bedrooms that share bathroom
- Starting at $5,380
- Single rooms
- Bathrooms shared with floor wing or floor
- Starting at $4,121
Residence housing rates include access to academic success programs, cable, cleaning services, Internet, support from live-in professional staff, unlimited laundry, and utilities.
When can I expect to receive my housing assignment?
You'll receive your housing assignment during the first week of January 2023.
When will I be able to move in?
New incoming spring 2023 students may begin moving in Friday, Jan. 13, 2023. You will not be able to to move in earlier than that date.
What should I bring?
We have created a comprehensive checklist for you to use as you come to Mizzou! It will list the most common things students do and do not need to bring. Please feel free to review it, print it off, and use it to ensure you have everything you need on campus.