You'll love living at Mizzou, where the entire campus is your home. You're only steps away from everything you need: activities and events, healthy food, public transportation, sports and recreation, study spaces, health care, and employment opportunities.
Follow these steps to make Mizzou your home
1. Complete the housing process
University policy requires first-time college students to live in university housing. The preference form tells us what you need to thrive at Mizzou. Contracts are available now and require a $325 pre-payment.
2. Get your assignment
We will find a room that matches as many of your preferences as possible. Submit your housing preference form and contract by Dec. 15 for priority assignment. In early January, you will see your room assignment in the Housing Portal.
3. Pack up and go
Your room is partly furnished. You just need to bring whatever you need to make it feel like home. Please also coordinate with your roommate about who's bringing what. We've put together a list of suggestions for what to bring and tips for decorating.
4. Move to Mizzou
New incoming spring 2022 students may begin moving in 9 a.m. Jan. 14. Check in at the desk that supports your hall.
- College Avenue desk: Hatch, Schurz and College Avenue halls
- Excellence desk: Excellence, Discovery, Respect, Responsibility and Gateway halls
- Rollins desk: Hudson and Gillett halls
- Wolpers desk: Johnston and Wolpers halls
- Hawthorn desk: Defoe-Graham, Hawthorn, Galena and Dogwood halls
- Brooks desk: Brooks and Bluford halls
- South desk: South, Center and North halls
- Mark Twain desk: Mark Twain and McDavid halls
- The Rise desk: Mizzou at the Rise
Spring 2022 residence hall rates (per person)
- Community-style rooms
- Rooms grouped by floor or floor wing, share community bathroom
- Starting at $3,015
- Suite-style rooms
- Paired bedrooms that share bathroom
- Starting at $5,105
- Single rooms
- Bathrooms shared with floor wing or floor
- Starting at $3,909
A $15 charge is applied to all residence housing contracts for athletic, educational and social events and activities during the spring semester.
Residence housing rates include access to academic success programs, cable, cleaning services, Internet, support from live-in professional staff, unlimited laundry, and utilities.